- Yes. Any neoprene wetsuit is suitable.
- But please note: Non-triathlon wetsuits may not be as flexible around the arms and shoulders to facilitate good swimming technique.
- We recommend that you practice with your wetsuit in the weeks prior to the race to get accustomed to the fit while swimming.
Need Some Swim Practice?
SwimAthy takes place on Sunday 28th May 2023 and is an ideal opportunity for entrants to test the water ahead of TriAthy race day.
- It is a fully marshalled event, covering the exact course but without the stress of a race environment.
- For details see www.swimathy.com.
- SwimAthy is open to everyone and is a favourite among athletes preparing for long distance Ironman or Challenge events who want open water experience. It is also perfectly suited to first time triathletes who want to eliminate race nerves and acclimatise themselves.