The Olympic


One of the TriAthy originals. "The Olympic" is a Standard Distance Triathlon involving a 1,500m Swim, a 40km Cycle and 10km Run. '"The Olympic" is one of TriAthy's Blue Ribbon races.

1,500m Swim

The River Swim takes place in the River Barrow at Athy. The intiial 600m is upstream against the gentle current. Participants then take a single u-turn to face the final 900m downstream.

40km Cycle

The cycle consists of a 40km lap running to the south of Athy. Approx 70% of the course is on wide closed roads, with about 30% traversing a more technical section close to Kilkea Castle and Castledermot. Roads will be closed to normal traffic.

10km Run

The Run Course involves 2 laps of a circuit to the South of Athy town. While on the 2nd lap competitors traverse the River Barrow over the "Horse bridge" to finish at the stunning Athy Community Library. Approx. 60% of the run is on paved surfaces and the remaining 40% is on good quality riverside track.

Olympic:CourseRouteWay


Image

Click HERE to download the 1,500m Swim Map in PDF format.


Image

Click HERE to download the 40km Cycle Map in PDF format

Click HERE to view an interactive map of the route.


Image

UPDATED FOR 2024

Click HERE to download the 10km Run Map in PDF format.

Olympic: EntrantsChallengersTriathletesHeros

Olympic:StatisticsInsightsSet-Up

Age Group Analysis

Participation By Gender

Race Capacity